Our client within the professional service/advisory sector is currently seeking an experienced Administration Officer/Receptionist to join their organisation. This is a full-time permanent, Geelong based role. Your role will be to provide diary management and meeting correspondence in support of the company’s Directors in addition to document and file management, correspondence and reception activities.
You will have the ability to work autonomously and you will be addressing clients' and stakeholders' queries appropriately and professionally to meet their business needs. You will be dealing with a variety of stakeholders, both internal and external, and will consistently protect the integrity of the brand to market, adhering to their policies, procedures, and values.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Diary management and preparing materials required for meetings
- Email management as instructed by the Directors
- Booking meeting rooms, arranging catering and other requirements
- Ensuring appointments and travel are scheduled accurately, effectively and contain all the required information
- Courteously and efficiently managing phone calls and all incoming and outgoing correspondence, including:
- Organising couriers
- Collecting, distributing, and sending documents with Australia Post
- Processing correspondence issued by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO)
- Monitoring the business development (sales) reporting of directors, including reporting on referrals, wins and losses
- Monitoring the business development activities of directors, including reporting on referrals, wins and losses
- Managing and coordinating processes for the team, including client onboarding, engagement letters, and FBT mail-out
- Managing the ATO lodgement process
- Drafting, preparing and editing documents including client packages, reports, bills, proposals, tenders and other correspondence on behalf of the directors and team
- Attending to and monitoring urgent queries, issues, and action items, ensuring they are
- Team Administrator
- Greeting and welcoming visitors to the firm
- Maintaining a pleasant and safe office environment by ensuring the reception area, boardroom, meeting rooms and kitchen are clean, tidy, stocked, and maintained in working order
- Attending to daily banking
- Training new staff in the team and office as required
Qualifications & Experience
- Successfully completed the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE), or equivalent
- Minimum of five years’ experience working within a professional services environment
- Proven administrative and customer service experience.
Technical Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of and exposure to the Microsoft (MS) Office suite of products:
- MS Outlook (Advanced)
- MS Word (Advanced)
- MS PowerPoint (Intermediate to Advanced)
- MS Excel Skills (Intermediate)
- Knowledge of and exposure to Reckon APS (desirable).
- Knowledge and understanding of technology relevant to the Accounting industry
How to apply
Harvest Talent Recruitment is proud to be partnering with our client to find the best person for this opportunity. If you like the sound of this role, please click the “Apply” button to submit your CV.