- Social media and website experience
- Internal comms
- Graphic design, and Brand work.
Our client is a newly formed authority who delivers better protection and management of an iconic area of the South West Region of Victoria. Working with local communities, volunteers, Traditional Owner groups and partner agencies to protect the natural and cultural values of this treasured landscape.
Their communications and Community Engagement team deliver all communications and are looking for an all rounder to join their team.
The Communications Officer is responsible for the development and implementation of communications and engagement strategies, initiatives and programs including:
- Content creation for internal and external channels and publications
- Management of social media channels
- Management of website
- Internal communications and events
- Media and issues management
- Design and branding
- Signage production
- Community consultation.
The position is a cross-functional role and provides support to the Communications and Community Engagement Manager for a range of functions.
- Creating dynamic content for various channels, including social media, newsletters, media releases, blog posts, website and newspaper columns
- Managing the organisation’s social media, website and intranet platforms
- Leading internal communications initiatives, including all staff meetings and the Staff Newsletter
- Developing, implementing and evaluating communications and engagement plans and activities for key projects
- Producing and designing fact sheets, FAQs, advertisements and presentations
- Media monitoring, clipping and issues management
- Developing and maintaining active media and community contacts
- Managing the design and production of operational and project signage
- Providing communications support to all areas of the organisation
- Seeking opportunities to enhance the reputation of the Great Ocean Road Coast and Parks Authority brand
- Analysing and reporting on communications and engagement campaigns and initiatives
- Assisting in the delivery of community consultation sessions
- Managing consultants and third-party suppliers as required.
Qualification and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, journalism, media or a related field.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role.
- Current driver’s license.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience and knowledge in copywriting, proofreading and editing.
- Experience in the management of content management systems and social media platforms.
- Experience creating content for various channels.
- Photography and InDesign skills preferable.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and provide high level advice to senior staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with teams.
- Innovative and creative thinker.
How to apply
Harvest Talent Recruitment is proud to be partnering with our client to find the best person for this opportunity. If you like the sound of this role, please click the "Apply" button to submit your CV.
For a confidential discussion please call Jackie Matthews on 0438 517 092.