|Procurement, Manufacturing & Transport|
|Australia - VIC|
|Major manufacturer seeks a Logistics Coordinator for its maintenance warehouse.|
- Maintain spare parts warehouse for major manufacturing facility in Geelong
- Hands-on role
- Minimum 6 month contract term
Our client is an established manufacturing facility based in Geelong’s North with over 60 staff in its highly automated environment. The company operates an advanced preventative maintenance program under the supervision of the Engineering and Technical Manager. A contract opportunity currently exists in the Maintenance and Reliability team for a Logistics Coordinator to ensure the seamless supply of maintenance equipment, parts and peripherals for maintenance and project activities.
Reporting to the Maintenance Team Lead, this role will be responsible for
· Monitoring and controlling the flow of goods into and out of the warehouse.
· Confirming correct goods are being received or dispatched and that there is no damage to equipment returned to the warehouse
· Receipt, catalogue and store goods using SAP
· Creating new locations within the warehouse and on SAP for new parts and equipment
· Provide information to the maintenance team on stock levels for parts and equipment
· Assist with forward planning of maintenance work, using FIFO (First In First Out) where required.
· Raise requisitions in SAP for spares
· Issue parts and equipment to both maintenance work personnel and project personnel
· Provide transport of stores, utilising FIFO and undertake forklift tasking as required
· Accurate forklift driving to ensure minimal product damage
· Develop an organised and efficient workplace and ensure it is maintained.
· Assist the warehouse operator with loading and unloading trucks or delivery of additives on an as needs basis.
· Liaise with maintenance personnel, operations personnel and logistics/transport teams to ensure an effective and efficient daily operation.
The preferred candidate brings experience as a warehouse operator, storeperson or logistics coordinator within a warehouse environment with maintenance warehouse experience an advantage. You understand maintenance and project environments and the need for stock to be available for maintenance/project timelines. You have used SAP or other CMMS system and can capably and safely move stock in a warehouse setting and bring a current Forklift Ticket. Suitable traits required in this role include resilience, flexibility and sound problem solving skills.
Contract period – Minimum six months with possibility for extension.
Would you like to apply to this job?