- Hands on Attitude
- Industrial Manufacturing
- Global Supplier
- Lean Manufacturing
Since beginning operations 20 years ago, our client has built a strong foundation for a business with durability. They are a leading PVC and composite manufacturing organisation with a dedicated team based in the Geelong region.
This locally owned and operated company has built an enviable reputation for developing innovative new products. Renowned for their quality, durability, and beauty, products are supplied for various customers both locally in Australia and globally for commercial, rural, and domestic customers.
On behalf of this unique client in the Geelong region, we are seeking a Production Manager that is hands on, approachable and has ideas to improve lead time in manufacturing, strong at implementing systems to improve scheduling whilst working well in a team environment.
Whilst there are processors and systems currently in place, This Production Manager will also have the initiative, knowledge, and experience to be able to create and implement new and improved ways of doing things to promote an increase in production moving forward.
To be successful in this role you will be able to:
- Oversee all aspects of the Production process and demonstrate hands on management, including planning, budgets, inventory, processes, practices, and company policies.
- Manage the small Maintenance team to ensure that machinery is
- Set and implement standards, procedures and processes for the production of high-quality products whilst enforcing health and safety standards.
- Understand intimately costings and labour efficiency by scheduling and analysing production numbers and team output.
- Lead and coordinate the production team to ensure efficient, safe and quality-compliant manufacturing. Plan and manage production to ensure smooth operations within budget targets whilst monitoring and improving costs and minimising waste, downtime, and labour output.
- Ensure continuous improvement and ongoing quality is maintained and developed.
- Provide Weekly Management Reports to the Managing Director.
- Monitor and review production team members performance inline with individual employees Goals and Values previously set. Maintain training records and identify individual employees training opportunities
- Maintain and manage weekly workflow production schedules for each employee, machine and workstation.
- Outline output increases and operational performance and Identify, implement opportunities for improvements in production processes and procedures.
- Provide direction, leadership, support, and guidance to all team members. Take ownership of daily and weekly manufacturing performance to meet site KPIs.
- Deliver regular toolbox / safety meetings.
- Maintain the cleanliness and safety of the production and warehouse area..
- Drive a positive and continuous improvement culture within the work environment.
- Understand the operating on 24-hour cycle six days a week, rotating with 8 hour shifts of day, afternoon, and night.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with manufacturing and Production Management
- Experience with working within a company who implements LEAN manufacturing processes.
- Strong computer skills including Spreadsheets and word processing.
- Proven leadership qualities in mentoring and developing a team.
- Strong communication and organisational / time management skills
- Plastic moulding manufacturing experience with injection moulding and extrusion is advantageous but not essential.
- Ability to troubleshoot manufacturing issues
- Experience in forecasting for parts and raw materials.
- Warehousing knowledge
For a confidential discussion or to request a position description please call Jackie Matthews on 0438 517 092.
How to apply
Harvest Talent Recruitment is proud to be partnering with our client to find the best person for this opportunity. If you like the sound of this role, please click the "Apply" button to submit your CV.